Completing the 2553

This form is used to change the tax election of an LLC / Corporation to Small Business taxation. You will need both your SSN as well as the EIN of the company. This form is normally completed after your initial meeting and upon the advice of your accountant.

Review, print, sign and date the form at the bottom of the page.

Each person listed in column J must sign and date next to their name in column K.

List the Social Security Number in column M of the person listed in column J, if it is not already listed.

In column L enter the date you issued your ownership certificates (certificates are found in your entity book referred to above) and the percentage each of you holds. (If you live in a community property state (Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington or Wisconsin) you must list your spouse. However, if they do not have any ownership in the company, just put 0%)

Take a copy of the form for your files (keep original for your files if faxing).

Mail or fax the original form to the address/fax number provided below. Make sure you get a receipt confirmation to prove you sent in the form.

Please leave the 3rd Page of Form 2553 blank.

You will receive a confirmation of your change of tax status after a few weeks. If you do not receive a confirmation of change of tax status to S Corporation within 2 months of mailing or faxing the form 2553, please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-4933.